2007 Husqvarna EZ4819. Looking for a powered bagger system.

w650gb500

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2007 Husqvarna EZ4819. Looking for a powered bagger system.
Hey gang, new guy here from Northeast PA. We built a new house 2-1/2 years ago and cleared nearly 2 acres for a backyard. As soon as it turned "sort-of-green", it became clear that some sort of mower was going to be needed. Timing was good as a neighbor was moving and selling his zero-turn mower, so I grabbed it. I knew nothing about ZT's, but figured for what he was asking, I couldn't go wrong. We ended up with a very well cared for Husqvarna EZ4819 48" with 200 hours and all of the service records. It had been garaged every day of its life, is in excellent shape and has served us very well. Being a glutton for punishment, I'm getting ready to clear another acre to plant grass on the side of our driveway. What I would like to get is some sort of "powered bagger system" to get rid of all of the leaves that have been lying on the ground. Apparently the model that we have isn't or wasn't a very popular one and there aren't many accessories available for it. Even my local dealer had trouble looking up any information on this model.

Are there "universal" systems that are worth the $$$? Seems like most reviews that I've seen are less than stellar. I would like to be able to mount 2 or 3 containers(large garbage can size) out back and be able to easily remove them in order to empty them. I have a fabrication shop, so welding, metal forming or fabricating any adapter is not a problem. It has a fabricated deck, not a stamped one, so attaching to it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

w650gb500

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ideally I would like to find a system that uses 2 large Brute garbage cans. If I can find the vac system, I can make mounts. I've looked all over the interwebs but cannot find anything. I figured you guys would know the name of a company that sells them.

image.jpg

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I also have a fab deck on a new Husq and I do miss the 3 bagger I have on an old Craftsman. Even though the 3 bagger will clog easily, it is worth having. I wonder why the fab deck was configured in a way that the 3 bagger was not incorporated, and why only a "powered" system is offered at great expense on my unit? If it were not for the tank armor on the deck I would try to adapt the Craftsman system.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
All of your questions can be answered in one word. MONEY!!!

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have not looked, but can a 48" craftsman deck be hung on the Husqy for bagging system?