slow as molasses in chagrin falls ohio

rossfrank

Threads
I bought a HRS216K5SKAA FJ Honda mower. This is about the 5th time I've used it and it's self propelled speed is way slower than my old honda. It's a no frills mower but it is just too slow. Any suggestions on speeding it up.
Thanks

primerbulb120

Threads
Are you sure the drive cable tension is adjusted correctly? There should be a procedure for adjusting it in your owner's manual.

rossfrank

Threads
Have not but I will take a look at it. Thanks primebulb 120
rossfrank

rossfrank

Threads
There is no adjustment. The spec says the speed is 2.5 mph. My other honda is 4.0 mph. IS there anyway to increase speed by ....

primerbulb120

Threads
You could increase speed by installing different pulleys on the crankshaft and transmission, however this is not recommended by Honda, will void your warranty, and probably wouldn't get you all the way to 4 mph.

You could also try increasing the engine speed to 3000 RPM (if it's not already there), but don't do this unless you have a good tachometer. You could blow the engine up or cause the blades to fracture if you set the speed to high. Oh, and this is also not recommended by Honda. Making any modifications to the mower will void your warranty.

Sorry. :frown:

rossfrank

Threads
Thanks for your input primebulb 120. Will consider increasing speed cause 2 MPH is way TOO SLOW.
rossfrank