John Deere LX172 Try's to Crank but won't.

PJ_

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys, First Time poster here. Acquired a John Deere LX172 from my father last year, and it ran great all year and is garage kept. Also changed oil half way through last season, and use Ethanol free gas. Now my 2yo son likes to get in the garage with me and he'll climb up on it and turn the lights on. So I took off the battery, cleaned off a little corrosion from the positive terminal, and took the battery to get it tested. I was told it was still good but it needed to be charged. So I did. Now the first time I got on it to start it, it was cranking but slowly just stopped that's when I noticed the light switch on. After I charged the battery and reinstalled it the motor will not crank or spin. But the battery is def good, and the motor just does one click like it's trying to crank but it's stuck. I love this mower but I wana see if anyone knows my issue before I over spend on a small engine mechanic or buy unnecessary parts.

Lmk any suggestions plz, PJ

PJ_

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys, First Time poster here. Acquired a John Deere LX172 from my father last year, and it ran great all year and is garage kept. Also changed oil half way through last season, and use Ethanol free gas. Now my 2yo son likes to get in the garage with me and he'll climb up on it and turn the lights on. So I took off the battery, cleaned off a little corrosion from the positive terminal, and took the battery to get it tested. I was told it was still good but it needed to be charged. So I did. Now the first time I got on it to start it, it was cranking but slowly just stopped that's when I noticed the light switch on. After I charged the battery and reinstalled it the motor will not crank or spin. But the battery is def good, and the motor just does one click like it's trying to crank but it's stuck. I love this mower but I wana see if anyone knows my issue before I over spend on a small engine mechanic or buy unnecessary parts.

Lmk any suggestions plz, PJ

Also it's a 14hp Kawasaki motor.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
First of all you can not test a battery unless it is fully charged. Now that you have fully charged the battery go get it tested.