Reliable front wheel drive push mower

primerbulb120

Threads
Re: Reliable REAR wheel drive push mower

I've got a Toro "Personal Pace" mower that I use for the smaller spaces, and going around all the tree's,etc., before I get out the rider. I've had it for at least 10 years, and have had virtually no trouble with it. I did notice, once, that the rear wheels wouldn't go "backwards"...they were locked up. I removed the rear wheels,(one bolt) and found gobs of grass clippings built up in/around the gears. After a good cleaning and some grease, the problem was fixed. Now, after each mowing season, I take the wheels off, clean out all the muck, and lube the gears, and its ready for the next season. Mine has a B&S 6.5 HP engine, and it starts up on the 2nd or 3rd pull, and runs great. I especially like the "personal pace" feature, as it mows at whatever speed I chose to walk. You can get these for under $400 at Home Depot.

You can get them cheap at Home Depot, but they aren't built as well as they were 10 years ago. To get a Toro unit comparable to the Hondas, you will have to spend $700+.

drmax

Threads
Thx gents. Will let you know. Got this 25 year old Murray push that was given to me log ago, and 2 teenagers. May just run that till it quits! At least I know what I'll most likely get.