After Electric PTO Failure, I have no Spark/Start ZT1944

skeptikal1

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / After Electric PTO Failure, I have no Spark/Start ZT1944
My electric PTO had a total failure. When I got the mower back to the garage, I couldn't use the parking brake without it wanting to stall. The key did shut it down. Now, I have no spark and it will not start (with the new clutch installed, both plugged in and unplugged). It cranks fine, but no spark at either plug. The plugs aren't even wet, so it's not flooding either. Nothing with starting fluid either, since there's no spark.

Could the starter switch been fried when the PTO imploded? Something is preventing the spark. I've checked fuses, checked the seat switch and parking brake switch. It makes no sense that both ignition coils won't spark.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My electric PTO had a total failure. When I got the mower back to the garage, I couldn't use the parking brake without it wanting to stall. The key did shut it down. Now, I have no spark and it will not start (with the new clutch installed, both plugged in and unplugged). It cranks fine, but no spark at either plug. The plugs aren't even wet, so it's not flooding either. Nothing with starting fluid either, since there's no spark.

Could the starter switch been fried when the PTO imploded? Something is preventing the spark. I've checked fuses, checked the seat switch and parking brake switch. It makes no sense that both ignition coils won't spark.

There is a solenoid that jambs a plug up the end of the main jet in the carb.
It is spring loaded off and should retract when the ignition is turned on .
check that it is working , you will need a very thin 1/2" to remove it.

skeptikal1

Forum Newbie
Threads
After a few hours of tracing wires and contacts, I found that when the clutch melted, it overloaded the PTO switch and fused those contacts. I got a new switch and that was the fix! Just remember that the purple wire controls EVERYTHING! Seat switch, parking brake switch, ignition switch and PTO switch all are connected with the purple wire.