Yardman lawn tractor Electrical issue

Grizzledmoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello folks I have a Yardman 13AX90YT001 lawn tractor with the 22 hp kohler engine,,Just dropped in a new battery and new blades a couple weeks ago an mowed the 3 acre tract i keep up around my home,,anyway on starting another round today after about 20 minutes my mower just shut down,,engine isnt locked and can be freehanded ok,,,I dont see any broken wires or anything that my cause a short but i noticed i do not seem to have any ignition power at all as if the ignition went bad,,the hourly use meter doesnt even appear to be working with the key on so has anyone run into something like this before on a similar model and should i be checking a fuse, the safety switches,,I havent done any checks yet as this happened just before a storm came through this evening so I thought I would ask around before I get back to it, I am a fair hand at anything mechanical as Ive worked with my farm machinery and also as a industrial mechanic,,any helpful advice will be appreciated,,thx.

Grizz

mhavanti

Threads
Begin by checking your battery for charge. Then move on to checking for power to and from your ignition switch if your battery is putting out and charge. Then move on from there.

Tomeverhart

Forum Newbie
Threads
This may sound stupid but does the motor have a low level shut down on it? May be low on oil

Grizzledmoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well it was just the 20 amp fuse,,I guess a loose headlight harnes got too cozy with the mufler up front and melted just enough to let a hot wire ground out,,so thats why it shut down,,fuse blew shut down the circuit,,I am a bit surprised how well the fuse was hidden on the framerail though,,got to it by taking out the battery and battery box or cradle,,glad it was a simple fix,,thanks for any replies given.