Toro Mower - Pull cord seems jammed.

SharonL

Forum Newbie
Threads
I took my Toro Model #20070 recycle mower out of the shed after two years of not using it; only to find that it does not work at all! The electric start no longer works even after charging for 2 days, so I tried to start it with the pull cord ------NOPE that didn't work either, in fact it seems to be jammed ( of course I have never used it before since I had an electric start). I took off the cover to reveal the pull cord mechanism which pulled fine until I attached it back in place then it jammed again. Next step: I turned the mower over to clean old built-up dried grass. The blade moves partly in both directions but not in a full circle. I don't know what else to do!!! Can anyone offer any advice - please!!!

SharonL

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remove spark plug and then try to turn it. Maybe you have gas or oil in the cylinder causing a hydrolock issue.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is there a blade brake on this mower? A lever you need to pull and hold in order to start it. Sometimes people forget about that after not using their mower for a while.

SharonL

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is there a blade brake on this mower? A lever you need to pull and hold in order to start it. Sometimes people forget about that after not using their mower for a while.
Thanks --- Yes, It does have a blade brake and I did try holding it down while pulling the cord but still nothing. The cord still won't pull out except very slightly.