Repairs Toro Bronco Tiller-Engine smokes bad-don't underestand 3 oil fill locations

jimcahoe

Threads
  • / Toro Bronco Tiller-Engine smokes bad-don't underestand 3 oil fill locations
I have a Toro Bronco Tiller with a 126312/0023 E1 Briggs engine. It smokes really bad but I may have put in too much oil. It has 3 oil fill caps. I filled the top one until I could see oil. I have oil coming out of my air filter. Sometimes after running a while it will clear up. The motor has no dipstick to check oil level. I am confused as to how much oil to add to the mower and why it has 3 oil fill caps.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
You have one fill cap up high on the engine, and two about 2 inches from the bottom of the engine. Remove one of those caps, and when the oil stops running out that is the full mark. top of the threads on the lower fill cap is the fill point.

jimcahoe

Threads
Thanks a lot. Sounds like I have way overfilled since I have been putting in oil to almost the top of the upper oil fill cap.

jimcahoe

Threads
Does this use 30W oil? Detergent or non-detergent?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
30W detergent. I haven't seen much non detergent in years.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
stationary engines all have multiple fill caps because what they are bolted to can obstruct access to a single fill plug