2330 HRS.

cambre

Threads
I have a Kohler 26 HP Twin on a ZTS 7500 zero turn mower that has 2330 hrs. of running time on it. It is all original except the carb. & starter. Uses a little oil but runs well. The trans still going but a makes a noise starting out. I don't mow with it any longer so I took belly off & tow a small trailer to do a lot of odd jobs. It is used every day & not unusual to run 5 or 6 hrs a day. It's about 10 yrs old. The Kohler tech boys were impressed that an air cooled eng. ran that many hrs. & still running. I am going for 3000 hrs. Shows what good maintenance will do.

primerbulb120

Threads
The Kohler tech boys were impressed that an air cooled eng. ran that many hrs. & still running. I am going for 3000 hrs. Shows what good maintenance will do.

I am impressed as well! What does your maintenance schedule look like?

cambre

Threads
I am impressed as well! What does your maintenance schedule look like?

I change oil & filter every 100 hrs., & use Lukas oil additive to prevent dry starts. I keep engine as clean as possible & do not let anything block air flow so it runs as cool as possible. When the engine is hot I let it idle for several minutes to keep cylinder walls from warping while it cools. I clean the air filter often & replace as needed. I do put Blaster in spark plug hole & let it soak over nite to keep carbon deposits off of cylinder head & top of piston. Sometimes I pour it in the carb. while running & flood it until it dies. After it soaks I start it up, it smokes for a while then clears up. this cleans the inside of the engine. Seems to work for me.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have 4 with close to 3000 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF