Blades CZT Elite 60" Oregon G6 Gator

Markdd52

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

Ok, I have this CZT Elite 60" which I purchased fall 2015. It came with the high lift fusion notched blades which worked well through fall 2016. I wanted to try the Gator G6 mulcher and purchased a set online last Sept., they are the 396-740 blades. Easily a dozen part vendors crossed this to both Bad Boy 38-6060 notched and 38-6003 mulcher. Problem is I just installed them tonight and discovered they are actually slightly longer "turned them by hand" and they do collide. Both Bad Boy and Oregon #'s refer to 20.5 inch. Yes, the G6 mulcher is 3" width and .25" thick, vs Bad Boy is 2.5" width. When I put the blades back to back, it's nearly an 1\8" longer overall "corner to corner. Anyone seen this issue with the heavier G6 blades? I've searched Oregon's blade charts just for giggles to see if a 20 3\8" exist but no such luck. At this point, I'm going to mark with a carbide scribe and remove a 1\16" each end, balance and keep cutting. Just didn't make sense when so many part vendors are crossing the Oregon blade to the Bad Boy blade. Frustrating to spend $60 and discover they need modified. Too late to send back, sharpened and balanced " they are not either when new". Any comments welcome.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you sure you got genuine Gator blades. I have never gotten a gator blade not sharpened or balanced.

Markdd52

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh yea, they are genuine from a reputable source. They are never sharpened to my liking though, and rough balanced at best. That wasn't the question though, the length was the issue. And both part numbers are referred to 20.5 inches.