139.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Scoop Bucket.jpg
    Scoop Bucket.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 27

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
RAW-man,

That is freaking beautiful!! Remind me NOT to show you any of my welding! Do you do that sort of work for a living, or just for fun?
What do you call that motorized linear unit you used to raise and lower the loader bucket? Does it work fast enough for the job?

Truly nice work, you should be very proud..

Roger B

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I thought you might be interested in a place that carries equipment that seems to be right up your alley ...

...surpluscenter.com .... Great stuff...great prices !!

rawinok2

Forum Newbie
Threads
RAW-man,

That is freaking beautiful!! Remind me NOT to show you any of my welding! Do you do that sort of work for a living, or just for fun?
What do you call that motorized linear unit you used to raise and lower the loader bucket? Does it work fast enough for the job?

Truly nice work, you should be very proud..

Roger B

Thanks Roger. I weld just for fun. I did it for a living for a couple of years right out of high school but it got old real fast. The "linear actuator" was purchased at Northern Tool. It is very slow moving which makes it very frustrating to use. I would think that there should be faster and more powerful ones out there but probably are out of my price range.

rawinok2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I thought you might be interested in a place that carries equipment that seems to be right up your alley ...

...surpluscenter.com .... Great stuff...great prices !!

Yes Boobala, I have purchased many items from them over the years, especially when I was building my mini-backhoe. They do have some really cool stuff!

Compact7

Threads
Very nice work! I have a couple old big dish satellite actuators with a very long throw. Always wondered about doing something similar, but on a smaller scale. I've seen shorter versions used for bucket tilt. Do you have any plans of adding another control or a means of dropping the bucket or changing the tilt from the operator position?
-Ed

rawinok2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Very nice work! I have a couple old big dish satellite actuators with a very long throw. Always wondered about doing something similar, but on a smaller scale. I've seen shorter versions used for bucket tilt. Do you have any plans of adding another control or a means of dropping the bucket or changing the tilt from the operator position?
-Ed

The bucket angle is changed manually with the black lever shown in the first photo and locked in place with the spring loaded gizmo in the second photo. Welding Projects 004.jpg Welding Projects 005.jpg

Compact7

Threads
Very impressive. Nice handiwork too!

My old Craftsman Compact 7 came with a snow blade, but not the hardware and arms to swing the blade from the seat. Since I don't change it often, I just get off and move it by hand. I did modify it a bit to tilt the blade edge to go lower on one side or the other. Lacking your fabrication skills I just ran a pair of chains to control the tilt. Pull one or the other to lift the side and put a link over a metal post to hold tension. Totally redneck, but it works.

I also built a crude shovel by bolting a metal plate to the blade bottom. Works fairly well, but no way to tilt it down to dump or dig to any great depth. Once the "bucket" is filled, I get off and shovel it out by hand.
-Ed