Mower deck Cub cadet model 1042 2010 model year

Kyeremeteng

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the above mower and I have an issue with the mower deck belt. The belt appears to slip when the PTO is initially engaged. The PTO will reach full power then intermittently lose power while mowing. It acts as if the belt is slipping. Spoke to cub cadet service and they told me it was either a spring or possibly the PTO engagement cable. Does anyone have any information that can help me nail down the issue.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have the above mower and I have an issue with the mower deck belt. The belt appears to slip when the PTO is initially engaged. The PTO will reach full power then intermittently lose power while mowing. It acts as if the belt is slipping. Spoke to cub cadet service and they told me it was either a spring or possibly the PTO engagement cable. Does anyone have any information that can help me nail down the issue.

As far as I know that model Cub doesn't have a PTO engagement cable but has a electric clutch. Check your belt and its tension very first thing.

NorthBama

Threads
if your mower has manual pto sometimes debris get under the pivot point and proper tension is not applied to the belt. Check the travel of the pto engagement