Cub Cadet XT1 throttle not working

Dianna

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I have a Cub Cadet XT1 riding mower it has a Kohler 18hp motor it has 35 hours on it and Im having a problem and would like to get some help if possible. The lever that chokes the carburetor does not work, it does not move at all so when I move the lever to either choke or put it in fast or slow speed it does nothing. It does drive but only in slow mode, the choke remains open unless I manually move the linkage by hand. It is still under warranty but the TSC store that I bought it from says they dont know if the warranty will cover it and they will have to send it out. I dont know how this happened because it was running fine until I went to use it after winter. I am wondering If I can fix this myself because I dont have the money to pay for repair if warranty doesnt cover this.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Chances are the cable lock down bolt has come loose. If you could take a few pictures of where the cable connects to the engine we could show you where to fix it.

Dianna

Forum Newbie
Threads
Chances are the cable lock down bolt has come loose. If you could take a few pictures of where the cable connects to the engine we could show you where to fix it.

Thankyou so much for your reply. It appears the cable is disconnected inside the actual speed lever box which is on the dash, so im going to see if that can be taken apart and maybe try and put it back on or buy a new cable and attach it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I was at the wrong end of the cable but at least you found it.