Bad recent experience with lawn mowers

jbcohen

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was out with my GE push corded electric mower on my 1/2 acre of lawn two weeks ago dragging my mower across the lawn. It took me probably three hours of dragging that thing across the lawn to get a subpar cut. Half way through the lawn I put the corded electric back in the carport and brought out the walk behind 21 inch toro push mower which did not have much of an issue cutting the lawn, although I still would like something of an upgraded to get the job done easier than the toro. Given that my lawn is about 1/2 acre, probably a twenty degree slope with more than a few obstructions and I am 50 and need some help from the mower what would you recommend? What is the influence of the width of the mower on the ability of the mower to handle the lawn? Perhaps a push button start is a better idea? What is the influence of the caster wheels on the mower? Is a front wheel or all wheel a better idea? What is the influence of the size of the engine?

lewb

Threads
toro time master 30", has new higher HP motor and improved deck over previous models. 1000.00 or so is the list price. Rear wheel drive. Another option would be a 4wd model to help climb the hill. Most of these are 21 or 22 inch decks.

jbcohen

Forum Newbie
Threads
I want a second mower in case the first one breaks down. The problem with having one mower is that if that breaks down I need to run out and buy what ever is in the store. No chance to order exactly what I need.