Buying Advice Is this a good deal? 2015 Broadmoor w/135 hours @ $2,900...Need some advice

NewSimplicityGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Is this a good deal? 2015 Broadmoor w/135 hours @ $2,900...Need some advice
Hey Everyone,

I am new to this forum. Thanks in advance for your guidance here. My name is Chris and my family and I just moved to southern Indiana to a home in the country with about 2 acres to mow. I am upgrading my mower from a LA115 John Deere w/19 hp and a 42" cut to potentially 2015 Simplicity Broadmoor w/26 hp and 50" cut w/135 hours on it. I came across the listing for the Broadmoor on Craigslist and the seller is asking for $2,900. I am new to the Simplicity Broadmoor market (but have owned a Regent in the past that I really liked), so I need some help here. The mower has had one owner and has been serviced by the dealer. It doesn't have the suspension kit, but does have the stamped deck which I've read is better for air flow versus the fab deck.

What do you think? Is that a fair price? Is there anything I should watch out for with this model? Thanks for your help.

Chris

enigma-2

Threads
New Broadmoor runs around $4096 +tax. You can usually pick one up around fair time for about $400-$500 less and finance it through Simplicity for $0 interest (must make minimum payments to avoid all interest charges).

135 hours is a lot of hours. I would be interested in who did the maintenance (owner or dealer), was it done properly, what year is it, what engine is in it (Briggs Vanguard or Intek) and what's the overall condition? The Vanguard is a good engine, Intek has planned obsolescence built in (plastic governor gear inside engine).

I would find out the model and year and call a local dealer and ask his opinion.

NewSimplicityGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
New Broadmoor runs around $4096 +tax. You can usually pick one up around fair time for about $400-$500 less and finance it through Simplicity for $0 interest (must make minimum payments to avoid all interest charges).

135 hours is a lot of hours. I would be interested in who did the maintenance (owner or dealer), was it done properly, what year is it, what engine is in it (Briggs Vanguard or Intek) and what's the overall condition? The Vanguard is a good engine, Intek has planned obsolescence built in (plastic governor gear inside engine).

I would find out the model and year and call a local dealer and ask his opinion.

Thank you for the reply here. I really appreciate it. Yes, I checked...it has been professionally serviced. I called my Simplicity dealer (here local) and asked their advice as well. He told me the comps come in on that model (Broadmoor) at that year (2015) w/the 50" deck and 26hp Briggs and Stratton Professional right at $2,600. I think I will tell the seller he's got a deal at $2.6, but that I can't afford to go any higher. Thanks again for the advice.

Chris