Is it worth it?

hrdman2luv

Threads
I just picked up a big Stanley riding mower, that has a Tecumseh 20hp on it. It didn't come with the carbs. But after talking to another (more experienced) small engine guy, he said this one came with dual carbs. He said it wasn't worth the money, time and effort to fix this one up, because "they're junk", as he put it.

Anyone know more about these? I'll post the model numbers later if you need them. Here's a pic of one just like it.
Stanley20hp.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
need the engine model number too.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Stanley mowers were made by Murray and sold by Walmart. Just repaired a 22 hp version of your engine today. Some of the parts are becoming in limited supply, but when they ran were strong engines. Most of the internal parts are oversize for what they need to be.

hrdman2luv

Threads
The Stanley mowers were made by Murray and sold by Walmart. Just repaired a 22 hp version of your engine today. Some of the parts are becoming in limited supply, but when they ran were strong engines. Most of the internal parts are oversize for what they need to be.

Since Tecumseh isn't in business anymore, I'm thinking this might be worth something in 30 years. But I ain't gonna wait that long. I may try to sell it on Craigslist, as it. It's got a big deck. And the deck isn't in back shape.