Ferris IS 700Z or Exmark Radius E

McHarley94

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings All,

Mowing season is upon us and being I purchased a new home last season with some acreage I am in need of a ZTR. I own 5 acres but at present only about 2.5 acres are groomed (the rest is trees and Canadian Goldenrod), all of which is just too much for my John Deere L120 (takes all day to mow with that). My goal is to reduce the Goldenrod, converting it to lawn, which will bring me to about 4 acres in all.

As the thread title indicates I am considering both the Ferris IS 700Z and the Exmark Radius E Series, but I have also looked at the Kabota Kommander Z125E, and the John Deere Z540R. I was not impressed with the JD at all, and I didn't like the fact that the ROPS did not fold on the Kabota, which narrows it down to the Exmark and the Ferris. I am in my 50's and have had several back surgeries so ride comfort is a major factor for me, which again played a factor in narrowing my choices down.

I am torn between the Ferris and the Exmark and I will explain why. The Ferris is equipped with a 4 spring suspension and a high back seat which is definitely a plus, but as I understand it the deck will float with the suspension. The Exmark model above comes with the standard seat, but I got a quote with it being equipped with the upgraded Suspension Seat. I am familiar with Exmarks reputation as all of the pros in my area use them almost exclusively. Ferris on the other hand I am not all that familiar with, although I am familiar with Simplicity which as I understand it are one in the same, (as are Exmark and Toro....correct me if I am wrong on either). Both are priced very comparable and both have Zero Down and 0% financing for 48 months ATM.

So there you have it. The grass is about ready to be cut and I am ready to make a purchase, but I want to be confident that I make the right choice as this is probably the last mower I ever buy. All opinions and advice would be appreciated :)