Idler Spring broken after 9 hrs (Toro Titan HD 2000)

Brewtus

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a brand new Toro TITAN HD 2000 with a 60 inch deck. After only 9 hrs of cutting grass (personal residence 4 acres of grass, some long field grass cut with deck in transport position) the blades stopped spinning. I found the spring for the idler pulley laying in the deck with one of the hooked ends essentially straightened out. The belt back by the drive pulley had a section with only the strength threads left. I assume it chewed up the belt when the spring went. It was pretty much running fine up to that point.

I went to the shop to get replacement parts under warranty and while there I looked at the 2000 and the 2500 models. The scary thing is the spring on the 2500 is huge and beefy and the one on the 2000 looks slightly larger than one you would find on an old bed. I hope Toro didn't cheap out on the spring for the lower models and I am going to have a constant problem of the spring breaking until the figure out it is a design flaw and beef up the replacement springs. This is a brand new line and design, hope I just didn't run into the Achilles heel of these mowers.

-Pete