Repairs Right wheel goes in forward and reverse, left wheel nothing

king809m

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Right wheel goes in forward and reverse, left wheel nothing
Will do just that. And thanks for all of your help! I have a little over 3 acres, and this push mower just isn't doing it for me! lol! Wonder how I ever did this as a kid!

king809m

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay, I got the seal kits for both transaxles. Took them apart and everything looked like brand new inside. Got all of the gasket material scraped off, put new permatex ultra gray sealant on. Replaced the o-ring on the charge pump. Re-installed both transaxles and filled with Mobil 1 15w50 oil. Now the problem I am having is that when I go through the steps of purging the system, nothing is happening. I disengage the by-pass for the first part of the purge, and then when I put the by-pass rods in the drive position, I don't get movement from either side. Any ideas?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Drive belt not installed correctly.

king809m

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay, let me update this for you. I messaged hydro-gear about this as well. They sent me an email stating that I may have put the charge pump covers on the wrong way. So, I took them off, turned them around, and re-installed them. After that, I did a purge again. And after dis-engaging the by-pass valves I ended up with the same problem that I started off with, less the oil leak. The right drive works perfectly, but the left is not responsive. It never made any out of the ordinary sounds prior to this happening. Matter of fact, it worked perfectly the last time that I used it last year. But when I tried to use it for the first time this year, it was right side working, left side not. Any thoughts? Thank you.