26hp Efi hunts at idle..

Sleeprtsi

Threads
Evening all.
I've got a Husqvarna 7226 zero turn mower with what I believe is the Kohler 26hp Efi engine. This mower is a hot mess and I'm trying to sort it all out.

Engine starts and runs fine for a few minutes, then starts to hunt, even at different throttles. I replaced the fuel filters, and checked rail pressure, it seems to hover just below 40psi.
If you jam it up to full throttle, it falls right on its face and dies, like it needs a bigger accelerator shot.

Also, is there any way to see what the 'brain box' is seeing/doing?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Unless you are getting a MIL light, to get the diagnostics codes, you may need to take it to the dealer, to have it connected to the computer software, so they can watch what it is doing live.

Sleeprtsi

Threads
Is the mil light with the brain box or is it that the indicator light on the front (that's not hooked up)

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is a remote light normally mounted on the mower dash, or sometimes on the control panel of the engine.

Sleeprtsi

Threads
Ok, thanks.
I'll have to try and hook it up or mock up something.thanks for your help

Sleeprtsi

Threads
Light only goes on when the key is turned on before starting and when it stalls. I pulled the plugs and they were pretty carbon fouled. Any one have the listing for the o2 sensor? The one thats on there is aa single wire, which seems strange. I don't see anything on the wiring schematics I found for an oxygen sensor either

Attachments

• IMG_20170426_133010896.jpg
    IMG_20170426_133010896.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 2

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lets start with a full model on specification number from the engine, as well as Model and serial number of mower. Sometimes exhaust is supplied by the engine manufacturer and sometimes by the mower manufacturer.

Sleeprtsi

Threads
The data plate is missing from the engine cover. Will the serial number be stamped some place else?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The model and serial on the Kohler engine is located on location that tends to fade over time. Some times the mower model number can be used to retrieve the engine information.

Sleeprtsi

Threads
Mower model number is 968999175 (zth7226koa) unfortunately, the serial sticker is worn away as well.