Replace engine or buy new mower

Outlaw Bill

Forum Newbie
Threads
New engine is running better after getting some time on it and the rings are seating. Power is up and fuel consumption is down, almost time for a oil change.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think I read that Briggs bought Snapper (except the Commercial line).
Reviews on new (non-Com) Snappers are not as impressive as once were, according to what I read.

blockdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
I too have a Snapper 21" High VAC ( 2008), self propelled, on which I ruined the engine...yes I let it get really low on oil...never done that in my life.
I held onto it as it s steel framed unit in outer wise excellent condition.... and they do such a good job of vacuuming.

Its a 675 Series B&S, 190 cc.The mower is a P2167519B, Part no.7800175,Ser#20000744241.

What has kept me from ordering a new engine is the dazzling array of 675 series engines.....
shaft size, keyway size that I found when I looked into it. I can do disassemble and reinstall but I'm not
much of an engineer if its the wrong engine for the Model.

Its up at my farm and I will take a much closer look at the engine this weekend. I'll get all the info I can find on the
engine plate.. all that.

Any advice on where to look as well as order.

I'm new to the site and forum. Appreciate the advice.

Blockdog

Outlaw Bill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Great this self priming carb is now acting up, mower will not start.

Outlaw Bill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a update I had to disassemble the carb and clean it due what I believe was bad gas. These self priming carbs seem to be very finicky regarding the ethanol. Runs great now.

Padroo

Threads
Years ago I had a Briggs engine that had a bent crankshaft. I removed the engine from the mower and removed the flywheel and took it to my dad. He had a crankshaft straightner and he straightened the crankshaft in about ten minutes. You don't need to remove the crankshaft from the block. If you ask a dealer they say either it can't be done or it is not authorized by the manufacturer. All I know is my dad fixed a badly bent crankshaft in ten minutes. Has anyone ever seen this done?

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/part/universal/751032