Where does spring go?

vlhan57

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2012 MTD yardmachine. Model #13AC762F000 Serial # 1C152B70150. Got the mower out and was going to mow when i seen it wasn't cutting the grass. Lowering the deck down to lowest position i went to the left side of the mower and looked and there was a spring laying on top of deck. It was hooked in a hole to the right of me, but i do not know where this spring would hook too??? Since was laying on deck i don't know ??? Does anyone have any idea where it would go. I've seen in pictures looks like goes straight across but cannot tell where it is hooking. Also belt appeared very loose, so bought belt and ordered spring, so if someone could just help me with where to hook spring i'm all set!!! Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If your look at the cable connection bracket. item 37 does the cable still have the spring connected to the end of it

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
This does not show me where the spring connects. It just shows the part which i have already seen, but not where they connect to and from?? WHich is what i need to know. i know it hooks on the back right side like i said but no idea where it goes from there???

WE need a member with a similar mower to step-up ...and post some pics of their deck with sping locations...:thumbsup:

vlhan57

Forum Newbie
Threads
WE need a member with a similar mower to step-up ...and post some pics of their deck with sping locations...:thumbsup:

If i am looking at the picture right, it is #22 spring. Hooks onto the bracket #4 that is where i found it hooked to 4, then laying on the deck other side broke. So i just need to know where it hooks from there???

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
item 22 should hook between item 4 and item 2. It is the return spring to engage the safety brakes. If the deck isn't engaging then you may have broken the engagement cable.

vlhan57

Forum Newbie
Threads
item 22 should hook between item 4 and item 2. It is the return spring to engage the safety brakes. If the deck isn't engaging then you may have broken the engagement cable.

THANK YOU> GOT IT!!!! thanks so much
:smile: