Hi there....newbie from the UK

lord lucan

Threads
Hi all,

I've got a petrol/gas lawnmower which is refusing to start and I wanted to know the best part of the forum to post my questions please?

It's not a brand that's listed in the sub-forums so I'm not sure where to post. It's a B&Q Try 3.5 PMLA...the brand B&Q is an english hardware store so I assume it's actually made in China. I don't have the user manual to refer to but the symptoms are as follows:

It has fresh gas, the correct amount of oil, I've removed and cleaned/sanded the spark plug (F6RTC), I've stripped down and cleaned the carb with carb cleaner (apart from the emulsion tube) and have checked the throttle cable and micro switch for movement. I've tried easy start and it's try to turn over and stop after a second followed by a small puff of smoke. When pulling the pull cord I noticed there is some resistance part of the way around the revolution if that makes sense....does that suggest a partially seized engine to you?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I usually send miscellaneous mowers over to our Mower and Equipment Operation section. They may be able to help you out over there, both with fixing it and finding out what section of the forum it fits best in. :smile: