Toro SW 4200 or Exmark Quest S 42"

Bob Es

Threads
I know Toro owns Exmark, but wondering if these are the same machine or is the Exmark built better? Have the option of buying the Toro locally or the Exmark 50 miles away. The Exmark has the better seat with arm rest. Both $3100. I would appreciate any input.

Tks
BE

cruzenmike

Threads
I know Toro owns Exmark, but wondering if these are the same machine or is the Exmark built better? Have the option of buying the Toro locally or the Exmark 50 miles away. The Exmark has the better seat with arm rest. Both $3100. I would appreciate any input.

Tks
BE

Bob,

I do not know exactly what the differences are between the two, but yes, Toro owns ExMark. The ExMark mowers tend to be overpriced compared to other makes and comparable models. If the prices are identical and they have the same size deck, it is because the Toro has some advantage, such as a v-twin engine vs the Quest's single cylinder, or that the ExMark is priced incorrectly. I do not believe ExMark to sell any new model under $3499. If this is the steering wheel.model it should be closer to $4000. Regardless of pricing, the machines are both still consumer grade and intended for the homeowner. If taken care of they should last you quite a long time. Hope this helps.

Mike