Would you be as upset as I am?

cruzenmike

Threads
So, I broke down last weekend and purchased a new Cub Cadet GT50 to replace my LTX1050. I watched the employee at the store uncrate it so that I could roll it onto my trailer. I voiced concern to the individual regrading the nails from the crating to which he was disassembling before my eyes. He assured me that there wouldn't be any issues and that he would move everything out of the way before he pushes it off. The mower was taken out of the crate and rolled onto the trailer. I got it home, rolled it off and into the garage and shut the door. I went back out to the garage a few days later and to my surprise, it had a flat tire. I put some air in it and roll the tire around and found a thin gold nail in the tire (one from the uncrating I am sure). I called the store and they told me to bring the tire up and they would replace the tire for me. I am expecting that when I get there they will have pulled a tire and wheel off of a different one and just give it to me. Instead they tell me that they are going to have to replace the tire only and that I will have to pick it up in a day. I figure, what is the harm in this? They call me back today and say that my tire is ready. I go to the store to pick it up and am told that the place they took the wheel to did not have a replacement tire and that repaired the tire by removing it and placing a heavy duty inner-tube inside. On top of that, the rim is scratched and chipped around the bead where they took the tire off to install the inner-tube. So, I have a machine in my garage that has not had a drop of gas put in it, nor has the battery even been connected, and I already have a repaired tire and damaged (cosmetically) wheel. With all of this being said, I am thankful that someone there was willing to help me out with all of this when they surely could have refused, but at the same time I am frustrated that they didn't just give me a brand new wheel and tire so that my machine is as it was when it was uncrated. Should I be upset?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
So, I broke down last weekend and purchased a new Cub Cadet GT50 to replace my LTX1050. I watched the employee at the store uncrate it so that I could roll it onto my trailer. I voiced concern to the individual regrading the nails from the crating to which he was disassembling before my eyes. He assured me that there wouldn't be any issues and that he would move everything out of the way before he pushes it off. The mower was taken out of the crate and rolled onto the trailer. I got it home, rolled it off and into the garage and shut the door. I went back out to the garage a few days later and to my surprise, it had a flat tire. I put some air in it and roll the tire around and found a thin gold nail in the tire (one from the uncrating I am sure). I called the store and they told me to bring the tire up and they would replace the tire for me. I am expecting that when I get there they will have pulled a tire and wheel off of a different one and just give it to me. Instead they tell me that they are going to have to replace the tire only and that I will have to pick it up in a day. I figure, what is the harm in this? They call me back today and say that my tire is ready. I go to the store to pick it up and am told that the place they took the wheel to did not have a replacement tire and that repaired the tire by removing it and placing a heavy duty inner-tube inside. On top of that, the rim is scratched and chipped around the bead where they took the tire off to install the inner-tube. So, I have a machine in my garage that has not had a drop of gas put in it, nor has the battery even been connected, and I already have a repaired tire and damaged (cosmetically) wheel. With all of this being said, I am thankful that someone there was willing to help me out with all of this when they surely could have refused, but at the same time I am frustrated that they didn't just give me a brand new wheel and tire so that my machine is as it was when it was uncrated. Should I be upset?

I am not sure who you bought it from but I think I would have a set too with them. The last thing I want in a lawn mower tire is a tube to start with. We went that route and just plugging it is many times better. However if it is new then they should have given you a new tire and wheel if it was determined that they were the reason it was punctured.......

mowerman05

Threads
Load it back up and tell them a new wheel and tire or you can have your mower back, they can be the only dealer near you. Good luck.

Pumper54

Threads
I would go back and explain to the dealership that you want a new wheel and tire as that is what you paid for, not a scratched wheel and tubed tire. Also call Cub Cadet customer service at 1-877-428-2349 and advise them what is going on. If the dealership/cub cadet has an email address send them an email so you you have a record of the interaction if you need it later. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would go back and explain to the dealership that you want a new wheel and tire as that is what you paid for, not a scratched wheel and tubed tire. Also call Cub Cadet customer service at 1-877-428-2349 and advise them what is going on. If the dealership/cub cadet has an email address send them an email so you you have a record of the interaction if you need it later. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Tom

AND if this "nice" way of dealing with this issue does NOT bring satisfaction .....tell them,... THEY have created
a VERY DISGRUNTLED consumer ....
who has a brother that helped to develop the MOAB ordinance recently dropped on Afganistan !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Pumper54

Threads
AND if this "nice" way of dealing with this issue does NOT bring satisfaction .....tell them,... THEY have created
a VERY DISGRUNTLED consumer ....
who has a brother that helped to develop the MOAB ordinance recently dropped on Afganistan !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

LOL Dude you need to go mow the yard or something. I figure now a days with social media being the way it is I would just M.F. them all over the net. Ask them how United Airlines is doing right now.
Tom

cruzenmike

Threads
Just thought I would give you all an update. . . . So, I called the store Easter morning (Home Depot) and spoke with the department manager. After explaining everything that had happened, I asked that he replace my scratched, tubed wheel and tire with a new one. Knowing that he was involved with the decision to repair the tire to begin with I wasn't expecting to get anywhere but to my surprise he told me to come in and he would take one off of a new unit and swap the repaired one out. I went up there a few hours later and walked out with a new wheel and tire. I just wish they would have done that from the get-go. Now, that being said, my overall experience was not bad. I missed the Cub Cadet sale that was going on and they offered me $50 off my mower and also gave me $50 off my next purchase. So, all is good on my end.
Weather permitting, I will be mowing this weekend. I did just order a mulch kit which I hope to have installed before the first cut!

Pumper54

Threads
cruzenmike,

Some how I think the push back from the United Airlines screw ups might have made people rethink "customer service". Glad to hear they treated you the way they should have in the first place.

Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
cruzenmike,

Some how I think the push back from the United Airlines screw ups might have made people rethink "customer service". Glad to hear they treated you the way they should have in the first place.

Tom

Well actually I called that store manager the night before Easter ... and said if he did'nt do Mike right
I was gonna post on Facebook, Twitter & Snap-chat that the store was giving out FREE Honey-Baked Spiral hams with ALL the fixins to the FIRST 100 peple at store opening on Easter morning, AND all kids would get a candy-filled Easter basket also FREE .. And the very first 25 people would get a $50.00 gift card !!
And the first 10 people would get a FREE weeks paid cruise in the Caribbean for a family of 4 !! (LOL) ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Pumper54

Threads
Well actually I called that store manager the night before Easter ... and said if he did'nt do Mike right
I was gonna post on Facebook, Twitter & Snap-chat that the store was giving out FREE Honey-Baked Spiral hams with ALL the fixins to the FIRST 100 peple at store opening on Easter morning, AND all kids would get a candy-filled Easter basket also FREE .. And the very first 25 people would get a $50.00 gift card !!
And the first 10 people would get a FREE weeks paid cruise in the Caribbean for a family of 4 !! (LOL) ..:laughing:..:laughing:

You are one sick puppy. Can you even imagine what the place would look like if someone did something like that, gin up a fake facebook or other account and post that?
Tom