DIXIE CHOPPER SILVER EAGLE LT1800 REPOWER QUESTION

brobran1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle zero-turn mower, 44 inch deck, not sure of the year. The Kohler engine is a Model CV490 - 12 522 78, and you can't hardly find any information on this engine. I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a good replacement Kohler or Kawasaki engine that works on this older model.

Brandon in Little Rock

jaxontheweb

Threads
Using the Serial number with the modle look up in DC web site you can determine the year of the equipment. From there you can start a search for repalcement engines. Check with the local dealer and get their recomendation and then check google, craigslist, ebay, etc for appropriate replacements.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Measure the shaft diameter & length
After that any engine with the same shaft will fit.
From the 200,000 engines with the same shaft look for one of the same or higher Hp
From the remaining 500 choose one with a 9A or higher alternator output
After that it is simply a matter of hooking the wiring up and connecting the carb
Unless you go with the same brand of engine these will be custom jobs
Get some plugs from an auto shop to connect the electrics and every mower shop keeps bulk Bowden cable and generic choke & throttles if you have to cobble things up

upjeeper

Threads
I have a Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle zero-turn mower, 44 inch deck, not sure of the year. The Kohler engine is a Model CV490 - 12 522 78, and you can't hardly find any information on this engine. I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a good replacement Kohler or Kawasaki engine that works on this older model.

Brandon in Little Rock

what did you end up going with? I put a Briggs and Stratton 25hp commercial (44t977) in my LT2400 Dixie Chopper last night, now i'm working to figure out the wiring.