Need something new to replace the HusqBriggs that fills the neighborhood with smoke.

I-75

Threads
  • / Need something new to replace the HusqBriggs that fills the neighborhood with smoke.
I have about 2 acres - a lot of it hill. Not really interested in zero-turn as my storage has a narrow opening. I can barely get my YTH2448 in. Need something with power/longevity but I'm not on unlimited funds. There are JD/CC dealers around as well as Tractor Supply and Lowes. Thanks for any and all recommendations.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Need something new to replace the HusqBriggs that fills the neighborhood with smoke.
AHhhh yes ... Lead me NOT into temptation ...( and a lifetime of grief with a headache )
you sir have opened a well used "can of worms" ... you should acquire enough responses to lead you into a supply of product information that may last until Christmas .
In the end .... no matter what YOU decide ... YOU will be the one, to live with YOUR decision.

I will offer .. that awhile back ( 5yrs.) I was using an MTD model (13AG601h729) 46in. cut deck
with a Briggs 21HP twin cyl. Variable speed trans. ... to cut 2+ acres ... NEVER a problem ... lots of uneven ground ( gopher holes ) small hills etc. usual landscape obstacles (trees ,bushes ,etc.) The
best advice ANYONE here ( in MY opinion ) can give you is 1 word ..MAINTENANCE ..if you buy a halfway decent machine, ... ( NOT an EL-Cheapo .. but then nothing with a lifetime mortgage )
and you keep it out of the elements, ALWAYS check N change it's life-blood ( OIL ) and keeping it fairly new-looking (clean) ...NO HOSE WASHING !! especially the cutting deck ...THEY trap water
generally TRY to follow the owners manual procedures ( we all fail a LITTLE ya know )...
you should derive many years of use from your machine .. BTW I have 3 machines right now
my 46 in. is a 2003 , 1 of my 42s is a 2002 , and the other 42 is a 2005 ALL Murray's ALL bought used ! All WORK GREAT !! ..OH that MTD was also a used machine .. unfortunately it was stolen ..

NorthBama

Threads
AHhhh yes ... Lead me NOT into temptation ...( and a lifetime of grief with a headache )
you sir have opened a well used "can of worms" ... you should acquire enough responses to lead you into a supply of product information that may last until Christmas .
In the end .... no matter what YOU decide ... YOU will be the one, to live with YOUR decision.

I will offer .. that awhile back ( 5yrs.) I was using an MTD model (13AG601h729) 46in. cut deck
with a Briggs 21HP twin cyl. Variable speed trans. ... to cut 2+ acres ... NEVER a problem ... lots of uneven ground ( gopher holes ) small hills etc. usual landscape obstacles (trees ,bushes ,etc.) The
best advice ANYONE here ( in MY opinion ) can give you is 1 word ..MAINTENANCE ..if you buy a halfway decent machine, ... ( NOT an EL-Cheapo .. but then nothing with a lifetime mortgage )
and you keep it out of the elements, ALWAYS check N change it's life-blood ( OIL ) and keeping it fairly new-looking (clean) ...NO HOSE WASHING !! especially the cutting deck ...THEY trap water
generally TRY to follow the owners manual procedures ( we all fail a LITTLE ya know )...
you should derive many years of use from your machine .. BTW I have 3 machines right now
my 46 in. is a 2003 , 1 of my 42s is a 2002 , and the other 42 is a 2005 ALL Murray's ALL bought used ! All WORK GREAT !! ..OH that MTD was also a used machine .. unfortunately it was stolen ..

words well spoken my friend