Gravely HD 48/52 or Scag Liberty Z 48/52?

charleswilco

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm new to this forum and I'm not a professional. I'm just a homeowner who doesn't want to go out and buy a cheap, box store ZTR.

I have a little over an acre to cut and I'm looking hard at the Gravely HD 48 and/or 52 and also the Scag Liberty Z 48 or 52.

I've read a lot of great things about both of them, but I was hoping to get some advice.

The Gravely has a little better trans with the hydro 3100 versus the 2800 on the Scag, but I don't think its a major difference.

The Liberty Z is about $4,500 for the 52 and the Gravely 52 is about $4,900.

I also want to go with the Kawasaki engine over the Kohler, only because I feel it's a better engine and more reliable etc...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

dman535

Forum Newbie
Threads
What did you end up buying?

I'm new to this forum and I'm not a professional. I'm just a homeowner who doesn't want to go out and buy a cheap, box store ZTR.

I have a little over an acre to cut and I'm looking hard at the Gravely HD 48 and/or 52 and also the Scag Liberty Z 48 or 52.

I've read a lot of great things about both of them, but I was hoping to get some advice.

The Gravely has a little better trans with the hydro 3100 versus the 2800 on the Scag, but I don't think its a major difference.

The Liberty Z is about $4,500 for the 52 and the Gravely 52 is about $4,900.

I also want to go with the Kawasaki engine over the Kohler, only because I feel it's a better engine and more reliable etc...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

charleswilco

Forum Newbie
Threads
What did you end up buying?

I ended up buying the Gravely ZT HD 52. The Scag was nice, but it was smaller and the lap bars literally hit your thighs when you drop them down.
You have to have your legs extended in order for the bars to not hit your legs which I didn't like. I'm only 5'9" tall too so, that was something I didn't like.

The Gravely just feels like a lot more machine than the Scag in my opinion. I'm sure it's a great machine too, but the Gravely just felt like a lot more machine.

I love it and i"m very happy I went with it so, I highly recommend it.

PVHIII

Threads
I ended up buying the Gravely ZT HD 52. The Scag was nice, but it was smaller and the lap bars literally hit your thighs when you drop them down.
You have to have your legs extended in order for the bars to not hit your legs which I didn't like. I'm only 5'9" tall too so, that was something I didn't like.

The Gravely just feels like a lot more machine than the Scag in my opinion. I'm sure it's a great machine too, but the Gravely just felt like a lot more machine.

I love it and i"m very happy I went with it so, I highly recommend it.
Wise decision!!!

tbzep

Threads
I'm happy with my ZT HD 52 also. :thumbsup: