I need help cranking my Cub Cadet RZT 50

Shawn R.

Threads
Hello. So, my father has been in the hospital for a few weeks now and I'm home visiting my mom and relatives for the weekend. My father was the one who took care of the lawn and he was the only one who used the Cub Cadet RZT 50. The lawn is in dire need of a good cutting and I don't have a clue as to how to crank this mower. I had my uncle come take a look at it and he thinks that the battery is dead. Or maybe we're not doing it right. I checked the oil and put gas in it before testing it but it still won't do anything. How exactly am I supposed to start this mower? Here are pictures of the mower:

IMG_20170414_124949.jpgIMG_20170414_125002.jpgIMG_20170414_125011.jpgIMG_20170414_125021.jpgIMG_20170414_125026.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Make sure the brake is on, and both steering levers are all the way out. If everything is right in the world should crank. Choke as needed. Looks like the deck belt is off so I wonder if there are other problems

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Make sure the brake is on, and both steering levers are all the way out. If everything is right in the world should crank. Choke as needed. Looks like the deck belt is off so I wonder if there are other problems

And the PTO switch ( blade switch ) is in the off ( down ) position.
Sit on the mower with the ignition on then pull & push the PTO switch.
If the battery & fuse is OK you should hear the clutch engage & Dissengage.

Shawn R.

Threads
All right. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for the info, guys!

joemoss

Forum Newbie
Threads
I Have the same mower, same problem. The Kohler they used on these doesn't have a compression release. They are hard to start when shutting down after they are warmed up. The battery has to overcome the compression. Your battery needs to be in very good shape to start it. if its been sitting over the winter it might not be 100%. I use a trickle charger on mine and it works great.