Repairs 5 prong to 3 prong ignition switch

sickblowncobra

Forum Newbie
Threads
A neighbor has a TORO 30187 with the Kohler CV15T and the wiring is shot. He has purchased a marine 3 prong switch. My question is, are there any reasons I can't wire everything to the single prong on the switch and run a momentary on push button to ground out the Magneto to shut it down? Fair warning, whomever owned the mower before him hacked the wiring to the point where everything before the factory connectors needs to be replaced, and the Delay module has been removed and replaced with an on/off switch for the clutch. The Switch is rated 30A for start, 15A for ignition

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A neighbor has a TORO 30187 with the Kohler CV15T and the wiring is shot. He has purchased a marine 3 prong switch. My question is, are there any reasons I can't wire everything to the single prong on the switch and run a momentary on push button to ground out the Magneto to shut it down? Fair warning, whomever owned the mower before him hacked the wiring to the point where everything before the factory connectors needs to be replaced, and the Delay module has been removed and replaced with an on/off switch for the clutch. The Switch is rated 30A for start, 15A for ignition

Why the !@!#!^&$##)(* do lop headed total idiots insist on fitting wrong parts .
Go ahead and wire everything up and blow the $ 60 magneto coils then maby that might teach him a lesson about buying the correct bloody parts in the first place.

SO now the steam has finished issuing from my ears the answer is NO

Go to the Toro wed site/ customer support/ manuals and download the manual for this mower, your neighbour will like this because it is free ?
Toro also put out a specific wiring manual called "Demystification Guide " and you can down load that for free as well.
The magneto kill wire is a ground switch. If you put 12V down that wire for the briefest of time it will fry the ignition control chip in the magneto.