Trimmer problem

Britfellow

Threads
Hello, although not strictly mower related, I have question about a Murray MS2550 trimmer that my friend gave me to repair.
The pull start is VERY hard to pull, needs a lot of effort to turn the engine over,even with the spark plug removed .
Does anyone have an idea as to where I should begin looking ?, I don't have a repair manual so I am " shooting in the dark " .

Thank you for all and any advice.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Give him a bill for $100.00 and go to walmart and purchase him a new one. Be sure to tell him it has a one year warranty.

I am not kidding either. the parts you may have in this will be way over that price.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look down inside of the spark plug hole toward the muffler and see if it is scored. Or remove the muffler and look at the side of the piston as well as the inside of the cylinder. I suspect the cylinder is tore up.

Britfellow

Threads
Give him a bill for $100.00 and go to walmart and purchase him a new one. Be sure to tell him it has a one year warranty.

I am not kidding either. the parts you may have in this will be way over that price.

Thanks for your reply, someone has apparently been "monkeying" with this machine .... I found the clutch segments inside the plastic housing !! totally jamming the shaft !.

Thanks again

hrdman2luv

Threads
Thanks for your reply, someone has apparently been "monkeying" with this machine .... I found the clutch segments inside the plastic housing !! totally jamming the shaft !.

Thanks again

Someone forgot to put the washer back on it.