Rubber Hose for Oil Change

Bigmks

Threads
Anyone knows the deminsion for the rubber hose used to change the oil ina raptor sd? This is a terrible design by Hustler! The hose is not long enough to reach the oil pan to drain oil.

bradmc

Threads
Anyone knows the deminsion for the rubber hose used to change the oil ina raptor sd? This is a terrible design by Hustler! The hose is not long enough to reach the oil pan to drain oil.

It appears to be a 1/2" ID hose that is 12 inches long.

I think pretty much all companies have given up on a drain/filter location that doesn't make a giant mess when changed. My last few mowers have been like this, my motorcycle was, and my current ATV is the same. Filter changes make a huge mess on the engine/trans on my Yamaha Grizzly.

Bigmks

Threads
It appears to be a 1/2" ID hose that is 12 inches long.

I think pretty much all companies have given up on a drain/filter location that doesn't make a giant mess when changed. My last few mowers have been like this, my motorcycle was, and my current ATV is the same. Filter changes make a huge mess on the engine/trans on my Yamaha Grizzly.

1/2 is the inside diameter? I tried asking hustler dealer the spec but the lady couldn't help. I'm wondering if I could use any old regular hose would work with the right inside diameter? I understand the black hose is made for petroleum based product though.

bradmc

Threads
1/2 is the inside diameter? I tried asking hustler dealer the spec but the lady couldn't help. I'm wondering if I could use any old regular hose would work with the right inside diameter? I understand the black hose is made for petroleum based product though.

Yes, 1/2" inside diameter. I would think you could use almost any tube. It's not like it's in constant contact with oil and it's not pressurized.