my cub cadet

bpostel

Forum Newbie
Threads
My cub cadet quits running after a little while. If I shut it off it will start again, but it will do it again. The mower is only a little over a year old and it does this. Does anyone have any ideas?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What is the model number of the engine. There were a few Kohlers that had a casting issue that caused the fuel pump to stop working after the engine was warm. but it sounds like you are still within the warranty period, so the best thing to do would be to go see your dealer

bpostel

Forum Newbie
Threads
where do you find the casting number at? The worst thing is the place I bought this at is so busy they can't even come and get the mower.

bpostel

Forum Newbie
Threads
Guess what boys, I figured it out. The gas cap doesn't let enough air in for it too keep running so I loosened it and it ran fine. Beat that, so now I'm drilling a small hole in the top to let air in to see if that works, if it does great huh.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The fuel cap is not supposed to be vented. All the systems are sealed to outside air due to EPA regulations. The problem would be in the vapor recovery system. Charcoal canister fuel contaminated with raw fuel and is now clogged. or the vacuum line connected to the intake manifold clogged. Something in that system is goofy.

That system would be covered under the mower warranty.