This grass is invading my bluegrass. Name ? How to remove or destroy it?

MowerMark

Threads
  • / This grass is invading my bluegrass. Name ? How to remove or destroy it?
Hi all.

My bluegrass lawn is doing fine except a year ago it started having areas of a different type of grass. The blades are larger, lighter green, faster growing, and the blades seem to originate from single stems. SEE PICTURE of the abnormal grass samples pulled from the lawn.

Is this crabgrass? How may this be destroyed without hurting the existing lawn?

Attachments

• crabgrass????.jpg
    crabgrass????.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 64

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
There is an app for that called Weed Alert. But it looks like a grass. Grass can only be killed buy pulling it out by roots or spot spraying with a kill all type of spray. That will kill the regular grass as well.

MowerMark

Threads
There is an app for that called Weed Alert. But it looks like a grass. Grass can only be killed buy pulling it out by roots or spot spraying with a kill all type of spray. That will kill the regular grass as well.

Thanks.

What makes you think this is regular grass as opposed to a weed? On the larger patches (greater than 1 foot) I dug it up and reseeded but a few smaller areas of this green stuff remain. Should I try a targeted application of weedkiller?

Won't RoundUp® or GroundClear® make re-seeding impossible?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I look it up on the app that I told you about and it looks as if it's a type of grass not a good grass just a type of grass. Which means probably killer and other stuff won't get rid of it. No I couldn't actually tell what you had but but it does look like it's a grass

MowerMark

Threads
I look it up on the app that I told you about and it looks as if it's a type of grass not a good grass just a type of grass. Which means probably killer and other stuff won't get rid of it. No I couldn't actually tell what you had but but it does look like it's a grass

Looked at the Weed Alert. Why does it need and want access to my Contacts, Location, Phone, Files, & microphone?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looked at the Weed Alert. Why does it need and want access to my Contacts, Location, Phone, Files, & microphone?

OK everyone thinks that if it has access it will read everything. So this is what it needs this for

Contacts. If you e-mail to a friend or something.
Location, So it can get the weeds for the area you are in.
Phone. Turn its self off if you get a phone call.
Files. To store files it down loads.
Mic. So you can search by voice.

We install windows programs that have full access to everything on our computers but only have a problem if an app asks for it.

possum

Threads
Quack grass. The rhizomes remain after pulling. Glyphosate or Roundup will kill it for several years. Bu it will be back.

MowerMark

Threads
OK everyone thinks that if it has access it will read everything. So this is what it needs this for

Contacts. If you e-mail to a friend or something.
Location, So it can get the weeds for the area you are in.
Phone. Turn its self off if you get a phone call.
Files. To store files it down loads.
Mic. So you can search by voice.

Excellent informative response.