Briggs Intek Output shaft size and length? Any reference guides?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Briggs Intek Output shaft size and length? Any reference guides?
See what I'm saying.... can't figure out why those links and the repower sites keep saying it's the other....

Even my parts manual for my machine has a shim in between the pto pulleys that's is 1-1/8 OD.... guess I'll have to tear it apart and see for myself.

I just went back and rechecked the model number info on both your engines. Have to be real careful I mistyped your model number in the search of briggs The 405577-0112-e1 that I mistyped has a 1" by 3.232 shaft. your engine 405777-0112-e1 is 1 1/8" by 4.342

Ok now want to get totally confused. Your engines shows a replacement of 44L777-3136 but the specs on that engine show it has a 1" 3.232 crankshaft. But that engine shows a replacement of 44Q777-3136 with a 1 1/8" crankshaft 4.342 length But if I put that number into my dealer ordering site, it supercedes to a 44S877-0001-G1 also with the 1 1/8" 4.342 length.

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Holly crap. What a mess.

chuckles

Threads
Ok glad I'm not the only one who is crazy! Guess the only option is to pull it apart and physically measure before ordering.

I tried to take electric pto off the night and measure the night i had it torn apart fixing my charging issues but didn't know how to pull it off once the center bolt was removed. Is there a trick? I read that you don't use a puller or anything because it destroys the electric pto but mine sure didn't slide off like a few links stated on other tractors when I made a quick google search.

chuckles

Threads
Also still doesn't explain why the Briggs tech I spoke too said the two engines i have here, the installed 405777 and the spare 407777, both have the same crank and are direct replacement for one another and the 407777 has the verified by caliper 1" shaft. O well, like someone else said.... what a mess.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also still doesn't explain why the Briggs tech I spoke too said the two engines i have here, the installed 405777 and the spare 407777, both have the same crank and are direct replacement for one another and the 407777 has the verified by caliper 1" shaft. O well, like someone else said.... what a mess.

Best way is to just get out the calipers and depth-mic. and measure for yourself ...
think these cranks are fun ..?? .... try sorting out "stack-pulleys" ...:confused2: