Cub Cadet 1042 Transmission noise/problem

Outkastranger91

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2006 or 07 Cub Cadet 1000 series LT 1042. I bought it used off of craigslist about a year ago with only 112 hours on it. I now have 140 hours on it. About two months ago when i first started it and press the forward or reverse it would make a loud humming noise and after pressing the reverse pedal a few time it would kick into gear and after that be fine. I also noticed that it started having a very small leak does not look like oil, maybe it is tranny or hydraulic fluid??. I cut grass only once a week and It seems that when it sits for a week or so it takes a few stomps on the forward/reverse pedal to get it going then after that it is fine. It seems that it could be leaking transmission/hydraulic fluid?? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey Outkastranger91 - WELCOME to LMF! :smile:

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
YEAH ..MY 98 CRAFTMAN STARTED MAKING A GRIND SOUND WHEN I PUT IT IN GEAR AND WONT GO ...TRY IT AGAIN AND IT GOES?!....someone said it needs fluid.....ill check that out:frown: