Whats best to mow large hills?

Threads
Hi all,
Just bought a property that about 2 acres of grass that is on fairly steep hills. I need to know what is the best options I have to mow something like this.

I was told a Zero-turn will just slide down the hill, so thats out.

I had a Craftsman 21hp rider at my last property with a decent size hill, and it had a hard time getting up the hill so I know for sure I'll just blow the motor trying to get up this thing.

Theres just way to much to hand mow walking sideways down the hill.

I was thinking maybe get an ATV and attach a pull-behind mower to it?

What are your guys thoughts?
Thanks!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi all,
Just bought a property that about 2 acres of grass that is on fairly steep hills. I need to know what is the best options I have to mow something like this.

I was told a Zero-turn will just slide down the hill, so thats out.

I had a Craftsman 21hp rider at my last property with a decent size hill, and it had a hard time getting up the hill so I know for sure I'll just blow the motor trying to get up this thing.

Theres just way to much to hand mow walking sideways down the hill.

I was thinking maybe get an ATV and attach a pull-behind mower to it?

What are your guys thoughts?
Thanks!

As far as a ztr sliding down hills that would depend on how the mower was being used and how steep the hills are, a ztr could be a good choice. A Stander is also a good choice for hills, those will hold a steeper grade than the ztr will. The Toro Grandstand can be used as a rider or the flex ride platform can be lifted and it can be used as a walk-behind mower if your not comfortable riding the hills.

mhavanti

Threads
Perhaps one of these Cub Cadet steering wheel version ZTR. This one in the video seems to do a better job of keeping a straight line on the hill than mine. Mine is pretty jerky when on a slight hill side although it does fine. I seem to do better in wide open throttle, full speed ahead. But then, I seem to do better in everything full speed ahead. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub5zhteH73Y

55TBird

Threads
I mow a hill that is a 21 degree slope for about 75 feet. I go straight up and straight down with a zero turn. I used to have a Cub Cadet Commercial Tank w a 19 hp Kawasaki...it made it up, but barely. I now have a 35 hp Turf Tiger and it flys up that hill with ease. Coming down I keep the handles forward enough to keep the tires from slipping. That works fine unless it is a little wet. The good thing about a most zero turn mowers is that they have a lower center of gravity than a tractor-style mower. The all-wheel drive Cub Cadet commercial would probably be good for hills.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I have a older mower I use on hills. Its a toro zmaster model 74441 48inch cut. We have 2 of these. They have factory weights on the rear. They are great on hills. With the lower center of gravity and wide rear tires work really well. But any hill can kill you so please be careful use your ROPS and seatbelt on steep grades.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Stiga , Husqvarna & Jhonsorred all do atriculated 4 wheel drive mowers that not only are good on hills but do a a cut on par with a reel mower.
Down side on them is they won't handle lawns with sticks.
Should be able to find some 2nd hand ones if you cant go the full price.
Bolens also did a 4 wheel drive tractor type mower as did Norma ( branded Husqvarna )