How to disable seat switch on Yard Machine 7 speed shift on the go

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / How to disable seat switch on Yard Machine 7 speed shift on the go
Yes that is correct however what you were asked to do was to set the parking brake , not hold it down with your foot.
So try that and see if it still cranks.
The switch has a plunger that gets broken, it is plastic and some go in adjustable slots so go out of position and sometimes the mounting tabs just break off.

rkode

Threads

michigan_Rapter sd

Threads
What a GREAT idea.
Based on your post, I just ordered one from Sam Walton's kids.
Thanks for sharing.

Ray in WIsconsin

Ray it is really surprising the size of limbs you can pick up with that - I sit them on my lap till the next round by the fire pit unless they are too long to go thru the gate :)

as with windows program there is usually at least 3 ways to do the same thing - some times it just takes thinking outside of the box

rkode

Threads
Yes that is correct however what you were asked to do was to set the parking brake , not hold it down with your foot.
So try that and see if it still cranks.
The switch has a plunger that gets broken, it is plastic and some go in adjustable slots so go out of position and sometimes the mounting tabs just break off.

Thanks for the reply.

Since my last post, I took my rider back to the place I purchased it from. (They guarantee the machines they sell for 90 days from date of purchase.)
A not so little Mom and Pop shop that rebuilds and refurbishes riders and such.
They have a great reputation and are really nice folks.

I demonstrated my issues and they acknowledged the rider should NOT be experiencing them.
I was told they knew exactly the cause and would be able to address it this week.

We shall see.

I thank everyone who responded to my request for help.

Ray in Wisconsin