Electrical Problem 2005 Murray ride on Sentinal

FrenchMurray

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys,
I have a Murray Sentinal 38" 12.5 hp - Model 385002X50A
I was carry out clean up and getting dry grass etc from inside the engine space and inside the housing where the steering rod passes through and cover some electrics.
Unfortunately I had not disconnected the battery and a screw driver fell inside the housing and must have shorted something as there was a spark.
The main item I think it probably touched was the solenoid.
Now when I turn the ignition key nothing happens at all - no lights, no engine turnover, not even a click - all dead
There is a 15amp fuse near the solenoid which looks ok no sign of burns or breaks.
I checked the battery to make sure it had a good charge and that appears to be fine.
I am not sure what to do and live in a very rural part of France.
I will probably have to order parts online. However I really have no idea what I should be concerned about replacing.
The solenoid, the ignition switch, the starter or all 3?
Any help would be really appreciated

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi guys,
I have a Murray Sentinal 38" 12.5 hp - Model 385002X50A
I was carry out clean up and getting dry grass etc from inside the engine space and inside the housing where the steering rod passes through and cover some electrics.
Unfortunately I had not disconnected the battery and a screw driver fell inside the housing and must have shorted something as there was a spark.
The main item I think it probably touched was the solenoid.
Now when I turn the ignition key nothing happens at all - no lights, no engine turnover, not even a click - all dead
There is a 15amp fuse near the solenoid which looks ok no sign of burns or breaks.
I checked the battery to make sure it had a good charge and that appears to be fine.
I am not sure what to do and live in a very rural part of France.
I will probably have to order parts online. However I really have no idea what I should be concerned about replacing.
The solenoid, the ignition switch, the starter or all 3?
Any help would be really appreciated

This may be of help ...
http://www4.briggsandstratton.com/m...rical from MA-S-1612 2004 Quick Reference.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UphstihZeA