24 HP KAWASAKI OR 24 HP BRIGGS

polly

Threads
Make is husquavarna.--The Kawasaki is 200.00 dollrs more.--Which one.--I figure the kawasaki is worth it. Thoughts please

robert

Threads
Your are most probably looking at a variation of the 'Intek' which is simply a very entry level engine, this morphed into the Intek 'ELS' which morphed into the Intek 'Professional' bottom line ; the 'ELS' and 'Professional' variations are the Intek, nothing more: get the manual and it will be listed as such.

Some of the best advice with regard to mower buying was posted here recently-if you can't get the full Monty skimp on the deck-go stamped rather than fab and get the best drives-minimum ZT2800, and a Kawasaki.

Beware ANY completely sealed, ie Tufftorque K46- drive but its going to be hard with lawn tractors and alot of 'garden' tractors-they are everywhere.
To date the best bargin, by far, that I have seen is the Gravely ZTXL combo deck, ZT2800, powder gears but with filters, and a Kawasaki-yes its the FR, but even the most basic Kaw is alot better than any 'professional' Briggs.

And of course you need to buy from a source that will take it back if you are not happy-ONLY Deere as a manufacturer, will do this with its tractors and of course Sears, the Depot and Lowes will also.

Right JD ?

buster57

Threads
Robert, Kubota will take back any unit if the buyer is not satisfied.

As for ZTRs, I like John Deere, Exmark and diesel Kubota. All are expensive, professional, and all will make money.

For safety I prefer Kubota. In Oregon Exmark is probably the most popular, but municipals and golf courses use Walker and John Deere.

For engines I have never had a problem with Kawaski. Plenty of problems with Briggs. Deere and Exmark use commercial Kaws, Kubota uses their own engines-and they are very good.

Black Bart

Threads
Make is husquavarna.--The Kawasaki is 200.00 dollrs more.--Which one.--I figure the kawasaki is worth it. Thoughts please

Kawasaki you will love it.