Silver Series 4 Cycle 6.25 HP Rebuild

frankmhendricks

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Silver Series, 4 Cycle, 6.25 HP motor off my Lawn-boy walk behind mower that I would like to do a complete rebuild/overhaul on. I'm seeking any advice on rebuild kits (if such a thing exist) and parts suppliers. I've never done a small engine rebuild before, but I've always wanted to. Any advice, tips, info on history of this engine, or book or video recommendations would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

jp1961

Threads
Pick up a book called "Small Air-Cooled Engines service manual" published by Intertec. Mine is the 16th edition, It does not have info on Lawn-Boy two cycles by the way. Other than that, check out YouTube, lots of how to video's there.

I don't think rebuilt kits are available per say, but you're looking at replacing the piston rings (along with honing the cylinder), replacing or regrinding the valve seats and new seals at a minimum.

Regards

Jeff

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like "Lady-Catherine" or someone added your post to the LAWN-BOY FORUM ...which is where you will find many
members that have lawn-boys and would be more than willing to help in every way they can ... enjoy our site ..Boobala .:thumbsup: