Wheel problem

StevenS001

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

I am having a problem with my Husqvarna YT48XLS. Recently, I had to replace the bushings on the front wheels. The right front wheel refuses to stay on. I have replaced the bushings twice, replaces the washers, E-rings as well as had to replace the wheel itself as the bushings were loose and could rotate in the wheel. I just placed a new wheel and bushings on and again the wheel came off within minutes. I don't know if this is a problem with the spindle or simply that the e-ring groove is worn. I wouldn't suspect given that the mower only has 180 hours on it however my land is extremely uneven.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi all,

I am having a problem with my Husqvarna YT48XLS. Recently, I had to replace the bushings on the front wheels. The right front wheel refuses to stay on. I have replaced the bushings twice, replaces the washers, E-rings as well as had to replace the wheel itself as the bushings were loose and could rotate in the wheel. I just placed a new wheel and bushings on and again the wheel came off within minutes. I don't know if this is a problem with the spindle or simply that the e-ring groove is worn. I wouldn't suspect given that the mower only has 180 hours on it however my land is extremely uneven.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Looking at your parts diagram (similar to my Murray steering & many others) if you have the correct washers and E-clip
on the spindle the only thing I could surmize is ... you said you REPLACED the WHEEL itself. Are you SURE ...it is the CORRECT
wheel for THAT model mower ..?? you did not mention the LEFT wheel falling off again...??? pull BOTH wheels and compare them..
you might even try the spindle for being the same size ( or really worn) last thing... you can swap the front wheels and see if the wheel falls off the Left side too..! If so.. THAT wheel is your problem .. :confused2:

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to our Husqvarna section. There could be a few experts over there :smile: