727 Ztrak misfires

2vtx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Machine is a 727 Ztrak with a Kawasaki FH680V 23 HP engine. After mowing a while and everything gets to operating temperature, the engine starts to misfire, especially when the mower loads up. If I back out of the uncut grass or disengage the blades, the misfiring/stumbling clears up. Load the engine up, it immediately starts misfiring again. I've put new plugs, fuel pump, filter, ran seafoam through it, all without success. It only has this problem when the engine gets warmed up. Otherwise it starts and runs fine. Someone suggested the ignition coils. I wouldn't think both would go bad at the same time. Then again, that's why I'm here.

Thanks,
Steve

mjb8fj

Threads
Sounds like its just maybe one coil giving out? Its not backfiring? More like its just getting by then when under load its just not able to handle it? I have had an engine that both the coils started giving out when they got hot, one was quicker than the other which drove me batty. But on yours, just to me it sounds like one is giving you trouble as it heats up.

2vtx

Forum Newbie
Threads
I should have included that it backfires as well. My mistake. I did find something yesterday that I missed before. Both plugs have hairline cracks in the porcelain. That will be the first order of business. Then we shall go from there. Thanks for the reply.

Steve