Can't push or pull yardman riders

NorthBama

Threads
Your right on Boo that nut is adjustable. Loosen it and brake disk should spin. You the Man thanks for the pictures

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
With such detailed pics provided by Boobala I'm sure that some day the OP will understand. On the other hand I believe he is somewhat hard headed so don't hold your breath.

You folks have an enjoyable future on the LawnMowerForum. I just won't be here to occupy your time with worthless information. I don't have that kind of time to waste.

hrdman2luv

Threads
This forum needs a thank you button.

Sorry if I seemed hard headed about this. I just don't know what the heck I'm going about somethings. This being one of them.

Special thanks for the pictures. When I get all these tires aired up (or tubed), I'll hopefully be able to free these up and get them moved where they need to be. We got almost a weeks worth of rain coming in, starting at noon. Dang it.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you jack both drive tires of an automobile up off the ground, and you don't have a limited slip differential, if turn one wheel the other side will turn the opposite direction. They work that way to allow one wheel to turn slower than the other when turning. Otherwise one wheel would have spin in order to turn a corner

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you jack both drive tires of an automobile up off the ground, and you don't have a limited slip differential, if turn one wheel the other side will turn the opposite direction. They work that way to allow one wheel to turn slower than the other when turning. Otherwise one wheel would have spin in order to turn a corner

That's exactly the way my Tecumseh-Peerless works ...

And Senior ...What the hell are YOU gettin the " rosy-red " about ..?? So EVERYBODY jumps in to offer their 2 cents... I would rather have a bunch of info. than a single item which may OR may not fit the circumstance at hand . We value YOUR input as much as the next guy. It appears to ME .... I stated ME !! you want an ATTA-Boy or the GOLD star for your submission ..?? Personally I'm not a glory-seeker ... I feel for the guy with a problem ...because WE ALL have a problem of some type ... one way or another.

I don't know all the answers or solutions to the questions posed on this site. I offer what I know through my own experience or from
a trusted source... I take HUNDREDS of pictures... of things I work on.. IF... I think I have a picture that shows a better perspective of something being discussed in a thread ... I put it up there... just as I did here... I an NOT trying to " out-shine " anyone I just want to help if I can .... Quit bein a " Grumpy Ol Man " ....:biggrin: ..:laughing:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If both wheels turn then it's not the brake. Never heard if you lift the wheels off the ground the the brake releases

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If both wheels turn then it's not the brake. Never heard if you lift the wheels off the ground the the brake releases

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

This doesn't work like a car that the brakes are on the wheels. The brake is made into the transmission. As I said earlier the wheels spin because you are spinning the differential gears and not the ring and pinion gears. I guess the best way to explain this put your car in park or in gear and rise the drive wheels, if you have a standard differential you will find that both drive wheels will spin in different directions if the brake isn't holding one wheel.

hrdman2luv

Threads
This doesn't work like a car that the brakes are on the wheels. The brake is made into the transmission. As I said earlier the wheels spin because you are spinning the differential gears and not the ring and pinion gears. I guess the best way to explain this put your car in park or in gear and rise the drive wheels, if you have a standard differential you will find that both drive wheels will spin in different directions if the brake isn't holding one wheel.

I think I'm understanding what your saying. I'm about to try the earlier advise about loosening the half inch nut on a couple and see what happens.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think I'm understanding what your saying. I'm about to try the earlier advise about loosening the half inch nut on a couple and see what happens.

Get it up in the air and have a look.
You will see the brake is working on the layshaft not the driving axel.
This locks the transmission, same way as a tailshaft brake works on a truck or the P position on an auto box.
The diff has 3 shafts, an engine shaft, and 2 axel shafts.
If you lock the engine shaft the wheels have to turn in opposite directions which is how the P position works on your car and why you should chock the wheels when jacking uo.
Try it if you have an Auto box in your car.
jack it up and you will fine the wheels turn is opposite directions when you try to turn one.

hrdman2luv

Threads
That's a very good way of describing it. I remember now. One of my customers brokeep a transmission. I put another used in it. But tore that one down to see what broke.