Counter Rotating mower deck. Blades discontinued?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That's great info. Thank you. I'm going to call them and see if they can order them in. Do you have a part number of the blade holders? My shaft basically is shaped like <O>. I'm not sure what they call it. I'm sure I can make something out of flat bar steel if I have to, but it would just be easier to buy them pre made if they are available. Thanks for the help. I really like the swingback blade idea.

The carrier will depend upon the mower.
You can not use plain steel unless it is hardened and tempered.
Like I mentioned, bar blades are boron steel & heat treated.

The blade converion kits also called Composite blade bars are a local product I get from Roy Gripskie & Sons http://www.gaspares.com.au/
Go to that web site and type BLH in the search widow then select "by GA Number" from the drop down.
Most of what you are looking for will be on pages 4,5 & 6.
Note that the BLade Holders in this section also include those for walk behind mowers all mixed up
Also check code CBB

basketcase

Threads
I spent some time on that website, but there is nothing that is going to be a direct fit. The problem is the center hole pattern. I don' t have a 5 or 6 star. Just a <O> shape. I suppose maybe I could order one with the right hole size and cut the right shape into it. Its just getting to the point where it is a lot of work for a blade. I do appreciate your efforts though.

I did manage to find some blades that are the right size and rotation in the US. I have the same issue. One is a 5 star and one is a 6 star. I assume this is to make them not fit on the wrong side of whatever deck they were made for. Anyone know how to make my <O> shape into a 5 and 6 star? I know the piece that has the <O> shape on it presses on and off of the shaft. Maybe it is as easy as getting different "adapters"? Its a splined shaft.

basketcase

Threads
  • / Counter Rotating mower deck. Blades discontinued?
I gave up on this machine. Just purchased a Simplicity 4211 Hydro mower. Seems like a rock solid unit and it came with two sets of blades! Hard to believe that I have to junk a perfectly good mower because I cant buy a blade for it. Go Craftsman!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Picture of the hole in the blade you need could be helpful.

basketcase

Threads
Yes. That is the hole I need, and those are the blades on the mower. Problem is, one of them rotates the other direction and THAT one is not available. I did fine a pair of blades that are available, both the left and right rotation, but one has a 5 star and one has a 6 star pattern. I presume that is so that you cannot put the wrong direction blade on the wrong side. I ASSUME I could replace the part on the splined shaft to accept a 5 and 6 star blade, but honestly it's just too much BS to bother with trying to find those parts at this point, and be sure they fit my shaft. I've already purchased the simplicity and its a much better machine (for obviously more money) I do appreciate all the help everyone gave. Too bad we couldn't come up with a good solution as I'm sure I'm not the only person to have to deal with this. I think I may buy a snowblower for this machine and use it for that.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
HIGH-LIFT RIGHT 90878 HT 90878E601 20.94"(H) DIAMOND (1.60)(.880) -- -- .119"-2.25"
Part No: 90878E701

By the way you mower is a Murray and this is the blade info from them. They are no longer in business but I am going keep looking for that blade.