Discharge chute bracket

quadna71

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'd like to come up with a good way to raise the discharge chute on my Z121s deck for pulling in an out of the shed. On my last mower I would stick a wooden door stop under the spring hinge to hold it open. On my new one I'd like to come up with a better idea. Anyone already have something designed? I'm thinking a hinged piece of metal that you flip over when the chute is lifted up. Let me know if you have any good ideas so I'm not reinventing the wheel! Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most people make a hole in the edge of the flap and tie a length of stretchy cord to it.
Some have rivited a plate with a hook on it to the flap.
I cut a hole in the flap and slip a piece of rope through it hen make a loop in the rope to go over a piece of rod to spread the load.
A couple of loops in the other end so it hangs on something like the height change lever slack for down and tight for up.
Use it when mowing close to stuff that will damage the flap.
They are expensive to replace.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Im with bertsmobile

quadna71

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks guys. My last mower was a riding lawnmower so it was no problem just to lean over and hold it up when pulling into the shed...not happening now that I need two hands to drive this orange beast :)

I think I'll go with large panel washers that sandwich the chute to help spread out the load. Then hold it all together with a threaded eyelet for hooking the bungy cord to. Thanks for the advice!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks guys. My last mower was a riding lawnmower so it was no problem just to lean over and hold it up when pulling into the shed...not happening now that I need two hands to drive this orange beast :)

I think I'll go with large panel washers that sandwich the chute to help spread out the load. Then hold it all together with a threaded eyelet for hooking the bungy cord to. Thanks for the advice!

Sounds good just remember some of those suckers run better than $ 50 so spread that load as far as you can.
If you are real cunning you could anchor the cord to the foot plate and use your foot to raise it.
The are a long way down