New Kobalt equipment

STPwake

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know if there is any news of an updated cobalt mower in the works? I am looking to buy a whole set of the 80v max lawn equipment. Looks like they are offering lots of deals on the equipment and just want to be sure that I am not making a premature purchase.

MowerMike

Threads
I think it's more likely that Kobalt will introduce a new 60 volt lineup to compete with Greenworks and Snapper. They recently updated their 40 volt lawn mowers. Also, Redback is introducing a new 120 volt lineup, so that just may be the next step with cordless equipment. I just bought a 60 volt Greenworks lawn mower and handheld leaf blower, and they are every bit a match for the 80 volt Kobalt tools at a much lower price.

STPwake

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been looking at all three product lines. It looks like Kobalt, greenworks, and snapper all share the same parts and batteries?

MowerMike

Threads
IMG_0105.jpgIMG_0106.jpg

I have been looking at all three product lines. It looks like Kobalt, greenworks, and snapper all share the same parts and batteries?

There is some part commonality, but the batteries are not compatible with each other. This is done intentionally to try to force the consumer to commit to one brand.

I've attached photos of two 60 volt batteries from Greenworks and Snapper. At first sight they look the same, but if you look closely at the side views, you can see that the guide slots are in different locations such that the battery will only fit in the same brand tool or charger.

Last edited: