Zero Turn vs Rider

scabral

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

I'm in the market for a new mower, i currently have a simplicity landlord 50 inch that i bought used a few years back. It's a good mower, but getting old and I don't have the bag for it because the original owner never bought it. It's an 05 model, so hard to find it now.

Anyway, i have about 3/4 acre of land, mostly flat, some minor hills but nothing major. Most of my neghbors have a riding mower, but i was wondering what the benefit is from having a zero turn vs a rider? I don't have many obstacles to go around, mostly just straight lines for the most part.

I'm looking in the 2K - 3K price range, so not sure if there are even any zero turn mowers in that range, but wanted to see what the benefits are of having one in the first place.

thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
ZTR will cut your mowing time in half at least.

BoylermanCT

Threads
Ditto on the time savings. I mowed for years with a 54" tractor and my 5 acres took 5 hours. Lots of trees and obstacles. Bought a 54" zero turn and I can get it all done in 2 to 2.5 hours. Definitely get a zero turn. Worth the extra cost if you value your time. I bought a Hustler Raptor SD last summer and love it. I'm looking forward to mowing season!

Lawn Addict
Threads
ZTR will cut your mowing time in half at least.

Absolutely !!! Blade speed is so much faster than a tractor, a Z can just fly along, & still have a great cut.