Toro ZX5400 Titan

MidwestTradingPost

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Everybody.
In the past year I bought a house with about an acre of grass that needs to be mowed. I had a small dixion, that mowed like a champ when it ran. The problem was that it didn't run very often. My father lives about a block away, so we decided to split a mower, he has about 1-1/2 acres to mow. Our Local dealership has a few of last years models, but still brand new. The one we are looking at is the toro ZX5400. They are offering it for $4300, plus we will trade my or sell my dads Gravely in on it. So we would get it down to about $3300. They do stock gravelys, grasshoppers, and Hustlers at the shop also. I have a familymember that has been working at grasshopper mowers since they opened way back in the day. He told me to watch for the welded deck, but did say that toro has come a long way and is very dependable. I test drove a smaller hustler last year, and absolutley hated it. Uneven cut, rough ride, and a few minor complaints. Is this toro a good choice, the price seems great for a new mower that size. Or should I continue to shop around?

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Toro ZX line was discontinued last year. Not that that matters, but good for bargaining.

My Toro Dealer was selling ZX4800 for $3999, marked down from $5400. The downside was the ZX48 had only a 21HP Kohler Confident engine, which (I felt) was a lil underpowered for the machines weight. Yes I test drove one. My Time Cutter is quicker.

Since I own a Toro SS4260 my opinion is biased, but I like everything about my Toro. The Cut is Great.