Toro zero turn won't spin the engine

Owllen

Forum Newbie
Threads
New Battery has 12.45 volts. Solenoid clicks when key is turned. Safety switches at okay and in correct position. When I jumped across the solenoid terminals, the engine turns about 1 revolution then stops. Have good voltage across the solenoid. Any suggestions?

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to our Toro section to see if we can find you an answer.

skutflut

Forum Newbie
Threads
New Battery has 12.45 volts. Solenoid clicks when key is turned. Safety switches at okay and in correct position. When I jumped across the solenoid terminals, the engine turns about 1 revolution then stops. Have good voltage across the solenoid. Any suggestions?

Checked valve clearance?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Charge the battery as well. It is a little low.

Mick Oz

Threads
I have a Toro ZTR at work which will play up if Battery is not showing nearly 13v at times. Try an overnight charge on the battery or just hook the charger up to your battery with it in place on the ZTR, and turn the key.

CWatters

Threads
Some Toro engines (typically B&S) have a decompressor device that opens the exhaust valve at low rpm to make starting easier. This can be very sensitive to the valve clearances. If the valve gap is slightly too big the decompressor doesn't work and its hard or impossible for the starter to turn it over. So check the valve clearances and get them as near as possible to the spec. It's usually an easy job if you have a feeler gauge. If you ignore this problem it can sometimes cause the starter solenoid to fail due to the increased current drawn by the starter.